Stay Tuned for 2019 Youth Tour dates and information!
Win A Trip of a Lifetime, through NRECA Youth Tour!
- Washington, D.C.
- June 7-15th, 2018 (please check back for 2019 youth tour dates)
- Deadline for Youth Tour Applications is December 14, 2017. (please check back for deadline information for 2019 youth tour applications)
- You must be a sophomore or junior in high school.
- You and your parents or guardian must be served by Midstate Electric Cooperative.
- Write an short essay or make a video (see application for more information)
What are electric co-ops and why do they sponsor the Youth Tour?
Rural Electric Cooperatives were created in the 1930s when President Franklin D. Roosevelt founded the Rural Electrification Administration. Thanks to the Rural Electrification Act, those brave farmers and ranchers took it upon themselves to create their member-owned utiltiies called cooperatives. This can-do spirit combined with the mission of giving back to the community is why electric cooperatives sponsor high school students in a weeklong, expense-paid trip to Washington, D.C.
2018 Midstate Electric Youth Tour Winner
Kerrilee McMahan, Gilchrist High School